Sunday 5 January 2014

What's the story, Soap & Glory...

One of the best things about Christmas 2013 (and there weren't many) was the £100 Boots gift card I received compliments of Boots themselves. Having spent the past 4 months in a state beyond stressed and tired, the old peepers were beginning to look less radiant jewels and more like they had matching luggage. I'd always seen the 'Soap & Glory' brand as a bit gimmicky and cheap, with their reasonable prices and twee slogans, but when looking for an eye cream that didn't cost as much as my monthly rent and something different (I've tried a lot, and a lot haven't worked) I thought, "What the hell, let's give it a whirl." (And it was 3 for 2 on all S & G in Boots) I found myself with with the 'Puffy Eye Attack - Turbo-boost Hydragel, which sounds a little like it should be applied to one's car, the 'You Won't Believe Your Eyes - Tied eye brightening serum' and the 'Make Yourself Youthful - Rejuvenating Facial Serum', all for less than 35 quid - bargain. Does it work? The Puffy Eye Attack is a potted wonder. Cooling, working instantly and a little goes a long way - I've even been able to ease up on the Touche Éclat, especially when followed with the You Won't Believe Your Eyes serum. This iridescent serum is applied via 3 small rollers and makes the whole eye area appear lighter and brighter. The Make Yourself Youthful Serum, well, I can't say I'm the world's biggest fan. There's nothing really wrong with it, I've not been using it exclusively so can't really say whether it's making a difference, but for this time of year, the stress our skin undergoes with the weather, central heating, chocolate and alcohol, I guess my skin is better than this time last year. The one thing that lets this product down is the smell. It smells faintly of chocolate orange, and much as I love a good Terry's Chocolate Orange, and I've eaten two this Christmas, I wouldn't want to cover my face in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment